Wednesday, November 11

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 6: Weekly Update

My SMART goal was to walk to school and work at least 5 times a week. I did great this week and completed my goal, actually I made the walk 6 times.

Successes & Challenges

This week I had more successes that I faced than challenges. I have been in the mindset of walking places so I did not put up a fight or make exuces of why not to walk. I started to wake up a little earlier on certain days, to help myself in not running late for school every day. Another great success I had was the weather in the last week, specially in the last 2 days. I was walking to school with only a sweat shirt on and fetl totally comfortable. This lead to the feelings I felt this week, which was happy and not cold. I have just been thinking a lot about the cold weather coming and how it is going to affect my goal but I'm still waiting.  I did not face many challenges this week, it was a very positive week. However, I did come to the decision that if I am going to continue to keep walking I should invest in some new shoes. Mine are wearing out and do not provide much comfort. So that is a challenge I can continue to work out in the weeks coming.

Plans for Next Week

I still feel that I am going to keep my SMART goal as it is. I did not complete it last week, but I did great this week. I looked ahead and I only work 2 days next week, so with my 3 days of school I should achieve my goal. If I worked more days I would consider making my goal more challeging.

blogged for the Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 6 hosted by http://ecochicwithamy.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Proper shoes will definitely help. The Duluth winters can be a hindrance for many people. Hopefully, it stays warm enough and safe enough for you to continue walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to look ahead. Hope this week goes just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. proper shoes is a good idea. I think I may change my goal up a little bit. but keep it up and hope everything keeps working out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a good idea to get some good shoes. I hope the weather continues to be nice for you.

    ReplyDelete