Wednesday, December 9

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 10: Overall Project Reflection


My SMART goal for the project was to walk to school and work 5 times a week. I had great success in achieving my goal over the weeks. However, I did not change my goal over the course of the project. 

There were many things I found to help me be successful.  I would listen to music on my walk to help pass the time.  By the third for fourth week, once I got into the routine of walking, it became much easier.  After that I looked forward to walking.  Also, sometimes I would walk with a roommate to have someone to talk to.  I came across only a few challenges along the way.  One is in the past couple weeks it began to get very cold.  I would put layers and layers of clothes on but would always end up freezing.  Also, I started to be late for early morning classes a lot. I would never take into consideration it took longer to walk rather than drive. 

I benefited from this project in a number of ways.  I learned that it is easy to make lifestyle changes; by just making easily attainable goals. About myself I learned that I seemed to have more energy throughout the day when I would walk to my morning class.  Also, I learned that the hardest part about a behavior change is the first 2 weeks, before it becomes routine. 

The environment may have benefited from me doing this project simply by me driving a lot less and putting less emissions into the air. I am not sure if I will continue this goal into the winter. However, once spring time comes I will look forward to walking to school once again. Any advice to others wanting to make lifestyle change goals would be once again make small attainable goals.

Blogged for the Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 10 host by http://ecochicwithamy.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. It does get hard in the winter. I am sure you will be able to continue in the spring, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The winter walk does suck haha Good job and hopefully you keep it up. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did such a good job with this. I would not be able to do this, too cold in the winter!!!

    ReplyDelete