Wednesday, November 18

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 7: Weekly Update


My SMART goal has been to walk to school and work at least 5 times a week. I had a successful week and achieved my goal once again

Successes & Challenges

This week was very similar to the past few weeks in that I faced several successes and hardly any challenges. One new challenge I faced this week has been walking home from my later in the afternoon classes. A couple days I have to walk home between 5:00-5:30 and it is crazy how early it is getting so dark. So i guess it is not necessarily a challenge, just something new that is happening that I don't care for. Some successes this week was I started to drink coffee in a travel mug on the way to early classes. This helped save time by drinking it on the walk and helped keep me warm, even with the frosty mornings we've been having.
Another success I have been having is listening to tunes on the walk. It helps pass the time very quickly and makes me look forward to walking, so I can be alone and rock out. However, I did see some people looking at me at a stoplight when I was humming along.  I felt very good while walking and had an even bigger smile on my face than normal while walking with my i-pod.



Next Week

My plans for next week are to add a lot more music to my i-pod, and to make a few "walking"playlists, haha. Anyways, I will continue to keep my goal the same it is. I haven't made my goal more challenging yet, but for weeks now I have only had school 3 days a week and work 2 days a week. That is why I am going to leave my SMART goal the way it is. 

blogged for the Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 7 hosted by http://ecochicwithamy.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Good work on keeping your goal, great idea to bring your ipod along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on completing your goal. Yeah that later walk when it gets dark is kind of wierd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on completing the goal! Great idea with bringing coffee as well... its just going to keep getting colder now :(

    ReplyDelete